Below are links we’ve gathered ourselves or that visitors have submitted. If you’d like to suggest a link for addition to this list, please use the Contact Us menu item at the top of the site window.
- Lake Wentworth Foundation – The Lake Wentworth Foundation, incorporated in 1996, is made up of friends and neighbors of Lake Wentworth and Crescent Lake in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, as well as others who want to encourage the protection and preservation of these lakes and the Smith River that connects them.
- Lakes Region Conservation Trust — Since 1979, the Lakes Region Conservation Trust has protected more than 20,000 acres of shore frontage, islands, forests, and mountaintops in central New Hampshire, including the 5,381-acre Castle in the Clouds property.
- Audubon Society of New Hampshire — A nonprofit, statewide membership organization independent of the National Audubon Society, with a mission to protect New Hampshire’s natural environment for wildlife and for people.
- Lake Winnipesaukee Watershed Association – The Lake Winnipesaukee Watershed Association is a nonprofit organization committed to preserving and protecting the natural resources of Lake Winnipesaukee and its watershed.
- Loon Preservation Committee –LPC’s mission is to restore and maintain a healthy population of loons throughout New Hampshire; to monitor the health and productivity of loon populations as sentinels of environmental quality; and to promote a greater understanding of loons and the larger natural world.
- The Nature Conservancy — For a half-century, the New Hampshire chapter of The Nature Conservancy has helped to protect over 270,000 acres of private and public land across the Granite State.
- New Hampshire Lakes– A statewide, nonprofit, member-supported organization dedicated to protecting New Hampshire’s lakes, which are integral to the quality of life and economic health of the state.
- Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests — The Forest Society is dedicated to protecting the state’s most important landscapes while promoting the wise use of its renewable natural resources.
- Natural Heritage Bureau – An agency that finds, tracks, and facilitates the protection of New Hampshire’s rare plants and exemplary natural communities.
- Department of Environmental Services – The mission of the Department of Environmental Services is to help sustain a high quality of life for all citizens by protecting and restoring the environment and public health in New Hampshire.
- Fish and Game — This agency is the guardian of the state’s fish, wildlife, and marine resources.
- UNH Center for Freshwater Biology — This division of the university oversees the Lakes Lay Monitoring Program, which has been monitoring water quality in Lake Wentworth and Crescent Lake for more than a quarter century.
- Town of Wolfeboro — The municipal web site.
- Huggins Hospital – A non-profit, critical access, community hospital.
- Wolfeboro Area Chamber of Commerce — A portal to area businesses.
- Camp Bernadette — A camp on Lake Wentworth that was founded and operated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester, NH, but that welcomes girls of all faiths.
- Camp Pierce Birchmont — A co-ed, non-denominational camp on Lake Wentworth.